Jana Royale Design is a one-woman-show, where every product is designed and produced by hand locally in Fredrikstad, Norway. With a background in Fashion Design from “Esmod Oslo”, my focus turned to hair accessories. I started exploring traditional silk flowers techniques, and ended up with millinery hats after purchasing my first handmade hat in New York City. Now I’m working with both Bridal and more Vintage Glamour hair pieces, always looking for new techniques to learn.
My products have found customers on nearly every continent, from South-America to Australia, Asia and continental Europe. The handcrafted accessories are stiched together from my workroom and find their way into the world from there.
Who is Jana Royale?
- I was born in Russia 1986, moved to Norway when I was 12.
- I wanted to be a Fashion Designer since I was 10.
- The name “Royale” came from my rebellious days in Trondheim… I was 20, and was a singer in a punk rock band called “Rehab Royale” for for a short period of time, but the name Royale stucked, and now it’s my brand name.
- I went to Fashion School “ESMOD Oslo” for 3 years and graduated in 2011, with fashion degree in Women’s Wear.
- Now, super happy with how I ended up making fabulous hair accessories instead of clothes 🙂